A pillow top mattress is different from mattress topper. It is a mattress that has an added pillow-top feature so it cannot be flipped but can be rotated while a mattress topper is a removable item that sits on your mattress.
Why use one
- For extra layer of cushioning and comfort.
- A good motionless and undisturbed sleep.
- Offers protection and durability to the mattress. It increases the mattress shelf life.
- Reduces pressure points and improves blood circulation.
- Reduces back pain and muscular discomfort.
- It will save you from buying a new mattress.
The Thickness Factor
There are several varieties of pillow top mattresses available for consumers. It varies on thickness. The 3 to 4 inches results to a softer surface while 1 to 2 inches results to a firmer surface. It is also made of different materials like quilt, cotton, wool and foam.
Examples of pillow top mattress that is available in the market:
- Royal Pedic Pillowtop Mattress.
- Simmons Beautyrest Captivating.
- Sealy Posturepedic Nurture.
- Sunbeam Luxury Pillow Top Heated Mattress Pad.
- Sealy Posturepedic Emotion.
- Factory Direct Comfort Source Emissary.
Types of Pillow top mattresses
- Memory foam pillow top provides full body support but retains body heat.
- Latex foam pillow top is natural anti-bacterium, anti-microbial and hypoallergenic foam, it also regulates body temperature but it loses its elasticity over time and not recommended for those who have latex allergies.
- Feather and down pillow top is soft and cozy, can be washed or dry cleaned but it lacks support and flatten easily so you need to shake to fluff back up.
- Wool pillow top is available in various blends, can be steam cleaned or dry cleaned but it lacks support and easily flatten.
Pillow Top Mattress Reviews Online
Below you’ll find the posts at bestmattressreviews.net from the pillow top mattress category. I highly recommend you read each of them if you’re serious about finding the best mattress for your needs.
You can also search for pillow top mattress by type. These are listed in the sidebar.
If you’re just starting out looking for mattresses for your home, I’d recommend reading the ‘Ultimate Mattress Buyers Guide’ where we detail the most important features and specifications as well as the common pitfalls and mistakes you can make when buying a mattress.
If you already have your own pillow top mattress and would like to add your own review for it you will probably find the mattress on this site and add your review underneath our one. Easy and free… brilliant!
If you can’t find your mattress on this site then please contact us and request for it to be reviewed. We will review the mattress on a first come first served basis.
BestMattress Review Team