Mattress topper (mattress protector, mattress pad or under pad) is a removable bedding item that place on top of the mattress to provide protection. Some mattress toppers also provide protection to the sleeper on the mattress. It protects them from allergens and irritants such as dust mites, molds, bed bugs and dead skin.
It also enhances the performance of the mattress by adding extra comfort or support. It is light and portable which allows sleepers to use it in different locations. Most mattress toppers are made of latex foam, memory foam and goose down and feathers. Some claims that it prolongs the life of older mattress.
Purpose of mattress topper
There are two reasons why we need to use a topper for your mattress.
- First, it is used to protect the mattress, although you can clean the surface through vacuum cleaner, it will not be easy to remove stained and marked caused by natural perspiration or other liquid caused by spills.
- Second, it is use to protect the health of the sleeper. Dust mites can bring allergic reactions, asthma and can irritate skin especially for that person who is susceptible to certain allergies. Using a mattress topper can filter allergens and serves as an extra layer of protection.
There are several options that you can choose from and it varies on size and price.
You need to look for:
- Good quality to perform well. 4 to 5 pounds in density will do. (memory foam topper)
- Check the thread count, the higher the count, it is softer and more durable.
- Look for air ventilation (latex foam topper)
- Benefits of body contouring (memory foam topper)
It is also a budget alternative to a new mattress, either memory foam or latex foam. And it gives you additional comfort and support that you need.
Mattress Toppers Reviews Online
Below you’ll find the posts at bestmattressreviews.net from the mattress toppers category. I highly recommend you read each of them if you’re serious about finding the best mattress for your needs.
You can also search for mattress toppers by type. These are listed in the sidebar.
If you’re just starting out looking for mattresses for your home, I’d recommend reading the ‘Ultimate Mattress Buyers Guide’ where we detail the most important features and specifications as well as the common pitfalls and mistakes you can make when buying a mattress.
If you already have your own mattress toppers and would like to add your own review for it you will probably find the mattress on this site and add your review underneath our one. Easy and free… brilliant!
If you can’t find your mattress on this site then please contact us and request for it to be reviewed. We will review the mattress on a first come first served basis.
BestMattress Review Team