A mattress is a pad or mat that is usually placed on top of a bed where we sleep or lie. A mattress can be filled with different materials like, straw and feathers, futons, air or water, inner spring core, latex or visco-elastic foam.
Why Foam Mattress is Popular
Foam mattress is so popular nowadays because it provides comfort and overall body support than using springs alone. It takes the shape of sleeper’s body and when you remove the body, the foam will go back to its original shape. It varies in quality and price.
The Latex foam
There are two methods that are used to make latex foam.
- Dunlop method is the traditional method for making natural latex (firmer and more supportive)
- Talalay method is the newest method for making synthetic latex (softer and less supportive).
The Natural Choice
Natural latex is made from rubber tree sap, it undergo heating and vulcanization process (conversion of liquid latex to solid state).
- It is hypoallergenic, anti-bacterial and anti-microbial.
- It has high elasticity and resiliency.
- It conforms to the body shape and temperature sensitive.
- It is a natural and organic product.
The Memory foam
- It is foam that has additional chemicals that affects the viscosity and density of a mattress
- it is made of visco-elastic substance.
- It has unique qualities and benefits among other foam because it reacts to your weight and body temperature.
- It contours to your body shape, giving you more comfort and support.
- Reduces pressure points, relieves spinal discomfort and improves blood circulation.
Some mattress manufacturers use both latex foam and memory foam in one foam mattress for superior comfort and support. Both foam are durable and will last for so long. They are not dependent on spring techniques. Both foam mattresses are dust resistant and hypoallergenic and provide a good night sleep.
Foam Mattress Reviews Online
Below you’ll find the posts at bestmattressreviews.net from the foam mattress category. I highly recommend you read each of them if you’re serious about finding the best mattress for your needs.
You can also search for foam mattress by type. These are listed in the sidebar.
If you’re just starting out looking for mattresses for your home, I’d recommend reading the ‘Ultimate Mattress Buyers Guide’ where we detail the most important features and specifications as well as the common pitfalls and mistakes you can make when buying a mattress.
If you already have your own foam mattress and would like to add your own review for it you will probably find the mattress on this site and add your review underneath our one. Easy and free… brilliant!
If you can’t find your mattress on this site then please contact us and request for it to be reviewed. We will review the mattress on a first come first served basis.
BestMattress Review Team